The D2 Summit - Exclusively for gyms 125 athletes and under
2016 was an incredible inaugural event for D2 Summit! We had over 495 teams competing this weekend in Tampa and we are so thankful that you made the climb. We had over 9,000 athletes bring coached by 1,300 coaches from 46 states.
We are so excited about you making the climb in 2017 and hope that you take part in the journey again this season to compete at the Wide World of Sports Complex at the Walt Disney World Resort!
Date: May 12-14, 2017
D2 Summit Registration
Registration Opens December 1st for those teams who have received a bid in September, October or November. Start planning your climb by reviewing the D2Summit Travel Packages and Pricing HERE. When registering and making a payment, please use another browser besides Internet Explorer to avoid issues with the portal.
D2 Summit Bid Events & Wild Card Bids
D2 Summit Roster Policy
D2 Summit - Bid Eligibility
- Share a tax ID
- Share an owner
- Have a franchising/liscending agreement with another gym
- Have similar enough name OR branding it would confuse the consumer as to being part of a bigger gym
- Share family plan or use multiple locations to meet family plan
- If there is any possible confusion it is on the owners of the locations to prove to Varsity and the customers they are not a multi-location gym
D2 Summit - Division Splits at Bid Events
D2 Summit - Trading of Bids
- Wild Card D2 Summit Bid- You can ONLY upgrade to a PAID D2 Summit bid.
- Paid D2 Summit Bid– You must use your Paid D2 Summit bid. This bid type or location cannot be changed.
- At-Large D2 Summit Bid– You can ONLY upgrade to a PAID D2 Summit bid.
- Wild Card/ At Large Summit Bids– You can ONLY upgrade to a PAID Summit bid.
D2 Summit- Crossover Policy
- An all star cheerleader is limited to crossing over to 2 (two) additional cheer teams from their gym during the competition.
- Participant may only represent one gym.
- Participants must pay an additional registration fee for each additional team performance.
The MAXIMUM number of individuals allowed to crossover from the 2017 Cheerleading Worlds to the D2 Summit will be 5 athletes per team. Level 5 athletes that competed at Cheerleading Worlds can only cross to level 4 & 5 Summit divisions (Excluded: Level 4.2).
- Exception: Junior 5 ( NOT restricted) will be allowed to have up to 8 crossovers from The Cheerleading Worlds to the D2 Summit.
D2 Summit- Final Advancements
- All divisions with 10 or less teams in Semi Finals will have 5 teams advance to finals.
- All divisions with 11-19 teams in Semi Finals will have 50% of the division advance to finals.
- All divisions with 20 or more teams in Semi-Finals will have 10 teams in the division advance to finals.